The Blade 5 Dual Core represents the pinnacle of dartboard technology and innovation. Exclusive dual core technology achieves lower compression at the outer core, which increases point penetration for fewer lost darts and higher scores, whilst higher compression at the inner core increases resistance below the surface, absorbing excess kinetic energy for improved durability.
The uniform density on the outer core and the high visibility playing surface increases scoring potential and provides perfect vision. The Blade 5 pushes the boundaries of dartboard technology to its limits with the Blade wiring system allowing for 9mm² extra scoring area in the doubles and 6mm² extra scoring area in the trebles, with a 14% reduction in web surface area for higher scoring.
The dynamic sector wires are 20% thinner and the radial wires are 10% thinner for greater scoring potential. The Blade angle has been reduced from 90 degrees inclusive to 60 degrees inclusive, and the ultimate tensile strength of the dynamic sector wire has been increased by 20% to ensure that dart points glide past the wire and into the scoring bed. With carbon diffusion technology for an ultra-hard surface and improved performance and durability. The Blade 5 includes the Rota-Lock triple-wheel lock and level system for a secure fit and easy rotation.
THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND THE BOARD
5th GENERATION BLADE TECHNOLOGY
INCREASED SCORING AREA
• New Blade 5 wiring system allows for 9 mm² extra scoring area in the doubles and 6 mm² extra scoring area in the trebles
• 14% reduction in web surface area for less bounce outs and higher scores
• Blade angle reduced from 90 degrees inclusive to 60 degrees inclusive for the ultimate in low bounce out technology
• Acute angles over 30% sharper to help deflect incoming darts into the board to increase scoring and reduce bounce outs even further
ENHANCED TENSILE STRENGTH
• Over 20% increase in the UTS (Ultimate Tensile Strength) of the Dynamic Sector Wire to ensure that dart points glide past the wire and into the scoring bed
• Cold rolled for improved molecular structure of the steel, extra strength and the ultimate in wire durability
• New bull’s-eye and 25 ring featuring carbon diffusion technology for an ultra-hard surface, allowing dart points to glide past the angled rings into the board for improved performance and durability
• Triple-wheel lock and level system to easily secure the dartboard to virtually any surface. This unique and exclusive system allows for a quick and solid fix to the wall. Each wheel can be easily adjusted to enable perfect radial alignment and leveling
• Easy set-up that enables simple dartboard rotation and can be used on uneven surfaces with zero movement
• Adjust the dartboard while the board is in situ with no need for removal
THE DUAL CORE ADVANTAGE
DUAL CORE TECHNOLOGY
• Lower compression at the outer core reduces surface resistance and increases point penetration for fewer lost darts and higher scores
• Higher compression at the inner core increases resistance below the surface, absorbing excess kinetic energy for improved durability
• Pure sisal outer core with uncompromised playing surface for perfect vision and easier alignment
• Patent No. 2507762